Can I carryover losses as a decree holder?

If i have net capital losses this year as a decree holder, will I be able to carryover those losses as I would normally? Does anything change when I move out of PR and end my act 60 benefits?

Check out IRS Pub 570, page 9&10 under Special Rules for Gains… You can choose either to elect the bifurcation method based on the tax home change date OR you can allocate all of your gains/losses to the US. Examples 1 & 2 in the document help illustrate your choices. Not choosing the special election is what it sounds like you want to do in order to capture the losses on your US return.

Interested to hear what your attorney and CPA say about it.

I believe you can also file an amendment to change the date to Jan 1 of 2022.